What you need to know about the Coway AP1512 Air Purifier
Officially it reduced air pollution in the room by almost 90%, this has to be the best in its class or very close to the best. What is even better the Coway AP1512 is one of the most affordable air purifiers on the market dollar for dollar. Want one more reason why you should buy the Coway AP1512 Hepa Air Purifier? It outperforms air purifiers that cost two to three times as much as it does. Boom!
Coway AP1512 AIR PURIFIER review Summary
EASE OF USE
- Cleans better than air purifiers twice its price
- 4 stage air filtration with a Pre-filter that collects most large particles
- Air Purifier is among the Quietest we have reviewed
- Some reports of users getting excess dust buildup on the exhaust fans
- Isolated events of fan blades breaking off
The Coway ap1512 Mighty Air Purifier is both highly effective and extremely fast at purifying the air you breathe, what more could you ask for in a small compact air purifier. Oh and did I mention that it is among the cheapest air purifiers on the market today.
How does the Coway AP1512PP Air Purifier Work
The Coway air purifier uses a 4 stage filtrations system to thoroughly clean the air in your bedroom, basement, or living room. The 4 stage filtration with True HEPA filters work great at filtering out harmful cigarette smoke, pet dander for those who need an air purifier for pet allergies, and can also be very effective at filtering out mold and mold spores as well.
The pre-filter first collects all of the large particles in the air like pet hair, dust, and large particles. Then the second filter, what Coway calls “the odor filter” filters out the medium sized particulates and odors. Next the True HEPA filter takes care of the tiny sized particles of 0.3microns or smaller to ensure that all of your air thoroughly cleaned. The last step of the Coway AP1512 Air Purifiers’ filtrations is a built in Ionizer to destroy any harmful bacterias, viruses, or germs.
Coway AP-1512 Air Purifier Features
- Outperforms most other air purifiers on the market with its Moderate setting
- The Coway air purifier is the quietest if not one of the quietest air purifiers we have ever reviewed
- Proven Long lasting results from a long term testing period of two years
- 4 stage air filtration system (Pre filter, Odor Filter, True HEPA filter, Ionizing Filter) the filter assemble is not only great at what it does, but is also packaged correctly with no gaps or wholes to allow dirty air to pass bye
- Eco Mode – When no air pollution is detected for 30 minutes the unit will automatically shutdown to conserve energy
- Air Quality Indicator – Visible indication of the current air quality by using built in particle sensing technology
Coway Air Purifier strengths
- The Ap-1512’s pre-filter does an awesome job removing large particles like pet hair and dust, by doing this it really leaves the True Hepa filter to do what it does best. Filter out any small particles or pollutants in the air. Once more Coway has done an outstanding job on ensuring that the Hepa filter is tightly sealed around the edges so no fine particles slip by the amazing HEPA filter
- The Coway air purifier easily out performed several other purifiers we have reviewed and it did this on the moderate setting. Do you know what that means, you still have one extra setting to go up on if you want your air to be extra clean
- This Air purifier has to be one of the quietest units have ever seen. The unit only produced around 52decibels of noise on its highest setting. To give you an idea of how loud that is, I guarantee a conversation with your 5 year old is about 60-70decibels
- While doing research online we noticed that not one but several people reported that the Coway has lasted well over a year, some have even reported stellar results at two years. Even better the recommended life expectancy for the HEPA filter from Coway is 6 months and a couple reviewers have reported great results with filters that were well over a year old. You know what that means, lower cost of ownership, and by reduction of filter purchases
- We saved the Best Feature for last, the Coway AP-1512 Air Purifier’s Price. By far the Ap-1512 is the best bang for your buck air purifier. Dollar for Dollar this air purifier is the best air purifier on the market. The unit easily costs two to three times less than some of the other purifiers we reviewed
- Not only is the initial purchase price one of the lowest we have reviewed, the cost over ownership over the life of the air purifier stacks up to be lower than the rest as well. By using our air purifier cost of ownership equation, we estimate that the unit would cost around $575 to run for five years or around $114 a year. About Half of what some of our air purifiers came in at, $1000 for five years , or $200 a year
The Coway AP-1512's weaknesses
- Going over a few of the 1 star reviews on Amazon we noticed that the biggest complaint we saw was about dust bunnies building up on the exhaust ports of the air purifier. Please keep in mind we only came across a couple of these reviews on the site
- There were also a couple isolated events where consumers reported the fan blades coming apart. When a company mass produces an item like this you are bound to have a couple of quality issues slip bye. I wouldn't let these weaknesses stop me from buying the Coway Air Purifier
Coway AP1512 Air Purifier Review Conclusion
the Coway AP1512 is the quietest air purifier we have reviewed yet
In conclusion, the Coway AP1512 is the quietest air purifier we have reviewed yet, close to 40 decibels on the low setting. The air purifier looks like a giant old ipod yet somehow fits in when you put around the other furniture you would typically have in your house. My guess is your guests would never know you had an air purifier in the room until they took a deep breathe and quickly realized how refreshing your air was to breathe.
Great news for you is that you turn the unit on and forget about it. It will keep doing its job day in and day out for well over a year. The icing on the cake for us has to be the Cost of ownership and the low initial price of the unit. You get the features and settings air purifiers three times it price has for far less. Go out and grab you a Coway AP-1512 Mighty Air Purifier Today!!
AMAZON FIVE STAR REVIEW
Review from Trevior Burnham: For the last 3 years, I've owned a RabbitAir MinusA2, and it's dramatically improved the air quality in my apartment, all but eliminating the old building's musty odor. I received the Coway air purifier to review, so I'll attempt to compare the two. I don't have any basis for measuring performance, so I'll focus on features and aesthetics.
In summary, I don't like the Coway quite as much as I like the RabbitAir, but it has 90% of the RabbitAir's features at half the price. If money is no option, spring for the RabbitAir. But if you're looking for the sweet spot in price-to-performance, the Coway might just
AMAZON Three STAR REVIEW
Review from Ryan: I bought this machine because we recently bought a new co-op and suddenly, tons of cigarette smoke filled the apartment. You can literally taste it in the air. So, this machine looks really nice and if you put it on 3, it seems to clean the smell.
BUT its auto detector DOES NOT notice cigarette smoke in the air. I mean the smoke is REALLY bad, like a bar, and it doesn't turn on to clean it. It randomly goes to red if we cook and other times. It will clean the air for 2-3 minutes and then back to blue.
BUT again, it does not pick up on the cigarette smoke on its own.
I looked into more expensive machines but all scientific articles I've read say these machine only clean cigarette smell and not the harmful poisons.