Alen Breathesmart AIR PURIFIER review
EASE OF USE
- Automatic Mode adjusts fan speed according to air quality
- Lifetime Warranty
- Super Quiet even at High Speeds
- One of the Pricier Units we have reviewed
- Filters need to be replaced reguraly, not anualy like some other models we reviewed
Alen BreatheSmart is an air purifier which can purify the air of large rooms measuring up to 1,100 square feet or larger.
Alen Corp describes this product as "quiet with a powerful performance, featuring a simple design with intrinsic smart sensor technology."
Why the Alen BreatheSmart is a Customer Favorite
The Alen BreatheSmart is extremely popular among many consumers thanks to the fact that it is both user-friendly and easy to use, despite the fact that the cost can be rather expensive. In addition, the purifier contains push-button controls, which allows the user to program and control the purifier without any issues whatsoever.
The purifier also features an air quality sensor, which informs the user when the air in a room is of a good enough quality, which is essential if you are someone who uses a single air purifier for multiple rooms in your home. This sensor will help you to gauge the quality of air in each room, which will indicate which rooms will need the services of the Alen BreatheSmart more
Alen BreatheSmart Air Purifier FEATURES
Here is a list of features that are normally included as part of the Alen BreatheSmart:
- Purification coverage extends to a maximum of 1,100 square feet (two air changes per hour)
- Recommended maximum coverage extends to 430 square feet (five air changes per hour)
- The Purifier is approved for residential rooms, signifying that it is completely suitable for normal consumer homes
- HEPA-Pure (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filters are used in the Alen BreatheSmart and are washable
- Purifier's filtration system retains approximately 99% of particles measuring around 0.3 or more microns thanks to "two layers of sealed filtration"
- Purifier's ionizer includes an on/off button and is described as being "ozone safe"
- Purifier contains four different fan speeds: low, medium, high, and turbo
How the Alen BreatheSmart Works
The HEPA-Pure filters within the Alen BreatheSmart work to purify and freshen the air throughout your entire home. Air that is “polluted” pass through the pre-filters, which collect any unwanted particles, thereby extending the life of the purifier’s main filter.
Moving air is then drawn into the second layer of electrostatically-charged HEPA material. This captures up to approximately 99% of dust, pollen, and other types of pollutants.
You are also able to upgrade the filters of the Alen BreatheSmart to allow them to capture other harmful materials such as smoke and airborne bacteria. The ozone ionizer contained in the purifier works to charge the airborne particles, allowing them to stick together in order to increase the chances of them to be captured.
The pre-filters are to be cleaned approximately every two to three months, while the HEPA filters should be replaced every six to eight months. In both cases, a sensor on the Alen BreatheSmart will let you know when these filters need to be cleaned and/or changed.
alen breathesmart air purifier strengths
- "Auto Mode," which automatically adjusts the speed of the fan in accordance with the quality of the surrounding air, which helps to keep the air clean
- The Alen BreatheSmart filters all of the air particles that go through it, filtering out 97% of harmful particles on its first try
- The purifier runs quietly, even on almost every speed setting
- The BreatheSmart is super easy to use
- The purifier comes with a Lifetime Limited Warranty, what more could you ask for?
Alen Breathesmart weaknesses
- The Alen BreatheSmart is much larger in size than most other air purifiers
- The "turbo" setting is said to be rather loud
- The standard HEPA filter contained in the purifier does not filter out smoke, chemicals, or heavy odors, as these kinds of filters must be purchased separately
- Filters must be constantly purchased and replaced
If a consumer is looking for an air purifier that is premium and intuitive, then Alen BreatheSmart is the best option to go with. This is evident from the many different reviews from customers who have purchased the item. Even with the warranty, the filters of the Alen BreatheSmart must be replaced twice a year, meaning you will have to do your part to help maintain it. This is something that should be considered when making your decision about whether or not to purchase this particular air purifier.