We have a new contender in the market for the whole house air purifier category. The AirMega 300 air purifier is a great whole house air purifier. The Air Mega 300 and 300S works in spaces up to 1250 square feet, these unit covers more square feet than my first house had. The AirMega Air Purifer has a unique twin filter setup that allow extremely high air flows, this gives the Airmega the ability to run in the low mode when other purifiers reviewed had to run in high mode to provide the same level of air cleanliness. But before we jump into the full review lets take a look at the specs first.
The Airmega 300 or Airmega 300s are pefect for somebody who is looking for:
- Modern Style and top level performance
- Added benefits of today’s “smart” technologies
- Is looking for a quiet air purifier
- Has problems from commonly known allergies
- Wants to improve the smell of air in their house
Air Mega 300 & 300S AIR PURIFIER
EASE OF USE
- Twin Max2 filters and an multistage filtration system with activated carbon
- Smart Air Purifier with app and wifi compatibility
- Light sensor and Sleep mode that reduces fan noise while you are sleeping
- Mobile app is lacking when compared to more modern day apps
- Touch screen buttons on the unit can be easily accessed on accident while moving the unit
Airmega Air Purifiers by Coway has designed a new line of air purifiers that you will be proud to show off in your home. Contemporary, compact and features top-of-the-line HEPA filtration as well as the latest technology for smart living, head over to amazon now to see what we are talking about.
The AirMega 300s Vs Air Mega 300
The biggest difference between the AirMega 300 and the Airmega 300s other than $10.00 is the smart functionality. In todays world everyone always wants to be connected to everything every minute of the day. So why not have this feature built into your air purifier? That is exactly what Airmega by Coway did, they created an app that works with your air purifier. Hence why you will see that the 300S and the 400S have the “S” behind their model names. The same technology applies to the Airmega 400 vs Airmega 400S. The S simply denotes that it is the smart air purifier with the app functionality.
Airmega 300 vs Airmega 400
The Airmega comes in two sizes so make sure before you purchase the unit that you know the size of the room you would like to clean. Check out our air purifier sizing post for more on how to prorpelry size your air purifier. The AirMega 400S is large enough to clean 1500 sq ft of living space. On the other hand the AirMega 300S can only clean up to 1250sq ft of your home. So if you need a whole house air purifier make sure you determine how much space you would like your air purifier to clean before you buy.
Airmega 300 and 300S FEATURES
- Activated carbon filters remove up to 99% of VOCs and odors in your home
- Advanced twin filter bodies with washable pre-filter and TRUE Hepa Filters
- Airmega “Green” TRUE HEPA filters that remove up 99.9% of bad or pollutant air particles down to 0.3microns in size
- Cleans homes up to 1250square feet with 2 air changes per hour or 625 square feet with up to 5 air changes per hour
- Air Quality Index Sensor – shows you the quality of the air in your room in “real” time
- Eco mode allows the unit to reduce fan and electrical consumption when the room air is detected as being clean
- Smart mode that connects through Wi-Fi to the airmega mobile app
- Smart mode that adjusts fan speed to the air quality level in the room, dirty air higher fan speeds, clean air lower fan speeds
- Four fan speed settings – High, Medium, Low and Sleep
- Dirty filter indicator that tells when it is time to change your air filter
- S models feature Wi-Fi and app compability
- 5-year manufacturer's limited warranty
Airmega 300S and Airmega 400s Mobile App
Airmega 300 series air purifiers clean the air in your house very well. Even better is that they do it in a quietly fashion, you can hardly hear them working at all. The 300S and 400S purifiers are sleek, compact, and have powerful Twin TRUE HEPA filtration systesm to clean all of the air in your home in no time. What else could be better, well if it had an app I could use to connect to if from my couch that would be great. Guess what it does, the airmega 300s and 400s have builtin wifi and app functioinality
- Unique Twin Filters and advanced filtration system that removes fine dust, mold spores, odours and smoke from the air
- Sharp and bright LED lights to inform you of the air quality in your home. It is easy to see what condition the air in your home is in by simply taking a quick glance at the unit
- In Smart mode, the unit will automatically set itself up to run in the proper setting for the quality of the air in your home
- Eco mode is also available to help you reduce your carbon footprint and consume less electricity. By using the builty in air quality index system the unit will slow or speed up the fan according to how clean the air is in the room
- The Airmega by Coway has a built-in light sensor that detects when the room becomes dark and automatically reduces the fan speed to run much quieter while you sleep
- Schedulable timers to allow you set custom run schedules for your air purifier
- Filter life indicator that alerts you when the twin HEPA filters are dirty and need replaced
- The best smart air purifier on the market with Wifi capability built into the S models that allow to monitor and control your air purifier from anywhere at anytime
- The Airmega app can be glitchy at times and even though it works as stated it is lacking when you compare it to other modern day apps. But then again it does include all the necessary functions you would want from an app for your air purifier
- The unit is rather large and when you try to move the air purifier it is easy to accidentally touch the buttons on the unit
If you are looking for the newest state of the art air purifiers available today then you owe it to yourself to take a look at the Airmega air purifiers. With the S models built in wifi capability and app they are truly the top of the line air purifiers on the market today.
Besides the long laundry list of features the unit provides Coway hasn’t forgetten the cornerstone of what put them on top of the air purifier market, air cleanliness. The Airmega 300 can clean rooms or homes up to 1250 square feet and the Airmega 400 can clean houses up to 1500 square feet. All while removing over 99.9% of air pollutants in your home. Now find me another Air Purifier that can do that and provide you with the features that the Airmega has. You can’t!! So don’t delay head over to amazon and grab yours today.
5 star amazon review
My experience with this purifier has been great. I’ve researched a lot and it took a big decision to purchase this unit before any reviews came out and I am glad I did. I have a strong allergy to pet dander and mold and this has noticeably improved my breathing and sinus symptoms.
Most machines I was considering were several years old and I strongly believe that innovation and technology really has paid off for this product. The app is great, I can check the status and history of the air in each room. We all need data and analytics these days, and airmega capitalized on offering that in a very nice UX application.
I also am very happy with the quality of the filters and the fact that there is activated carbon to filter out VOCs such as formaldehyde which is so common and abundant in plenty of household items. The look of the unit is fantastic, the quality feels great, the manufacturing is precise, and air flow is quiet and powerful.
Overall the only thing I could say would be I wish they were affordable enough for me in my late 20s to place in every room–although one seems to cover a lot of ground. I would highly recommend this product!
4 star amazon review
I’ve had the system for a three days now and here are my initial thoughts…
- Design is flawless. This is easily one of the best looking air purifiers that I have seen
- Silent. The system is surprisingly quiet on the lowest setting. It does sound like a large fan for higher settings though.
- Seems to work. I suffer from major allergies and so far it has not been acting up.
- Modern and convenient. The app and set up is simple and painless.
- Touchscreen lights seem cool but is annoying. The screen is very sensitive so that slightly adjusting the machine placement can result in touching/activating a setting by accident.
- Pollution sensor may be a gimmick.. I don’t know if this machine actually senses the room’s pollution. It pulls pollution/air quality data from a nearby database. I live in the SF Bay Area and the closest location is Hollister/Salinas…
- App is glitchy. The app doesn’t seem to remember me. I don’t mean my log-in info… It doesn’t remember my registration so I have to register daily to access the app…