Get Rid of Mold Spores and Odor with the Best Air Purifiers for Mold
Imagine the horror if your allergy prone child is suddenly gasping for air; it is not something that you would like to experience ever. The culprit- mold spores infesting the air we breathe; the solution- the best air purifiers for mold that promises to eradicate the air borne pollutants present in the air.
What cannot be seen cannot hurt you! The truth is far from this. The unwanted fine particles can create havoc. It is therefore necessary that one must invest wisely in an air purifier for mold that has been chosen after extensive research. But don’t worry, we have already done the hard work for you and narrowed it down to the best air purifiers for mold So, you can skip the marketing jargon and decide for yourself the one that is really best for your family.
The Benefits of Eliminating Mold for Health and Home
The first point of detection of mold in your house is the musty odor it emanates. Too many people let mold linger for too long, but there is so much more to mold than just an unpleasant smell. Therefore it’s important to know why molds pose such a great risk to your health and family:
- Un-clustered molds are the ones which pose the greatest risk. Since they are invisible to the naked eye, you often won’t realize how frequently you are inhaling their spores.
- Children and older members of the family are vulnerable because of their susceptibility to catch allergens present in the air.
- Molds present in the air can cause serious respiratory problems.
- In the case of toxic molds, other disorders involving the nervous system can also set in.
- Mycotoxins present in a mold infested environment are a fatal threat to humans.
The correct air purifier can clean the air from the perils of molds, and remove any musty odors from mildew and other types of mold. Make sure you chose the cleaner that is specifically targeted at your situation, for instance a specialized air purifier for basement.
How to Choose the Best Mold Air Purifiers for Your Home
In the case of a mold air purifier, there are certain features to look for:
- Watch out for the Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) which is a direct indication of the device’s capacity to filter the pollutants that are air borne.
- Ensure that you look for the best HEPA air purifier for mold. Hepa filters are capable of removing maximum air pollutants of sizes of minimum 0.3 mm and more. An additional feature of having pre-filters attached will result in lesser instances of replacements.
- Look for safety concerns and absolutely keep away from ozone spilling air purifiers that cause more harm than good.
- Make sure the purifier can remove mold odor in the house.
Presenting the Top 3 Best Air Purifiers for Mold
Customer Favorite Pick the Therapure Germicidal Air Purifier
Check out the features and specifications of the Therapure Germicidal Air Purifier with Permanent Filter, a hot favorite among the customers. It has an eco-friendly design with very easy controls. Star features include:
- Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation that excels in destroying the microscopic germs.
- The Electrostatic Purification work towards reducing allergens, smoke, pollen, mold, bad smells, dust and other pollutants.
Best Selling Air Purifier for Mold on Amazon
Another customer favorite is the GermGuardian AC4825, 3-in-1 Air Cleaning System with True HEPA, UV-C and Odour Reduction. Its best features include:
- A size most suitable for small and medium sized enclosures.
- True Hepa filtration that eradicates 99.97% of pollutants and allergens.
- Brings about a significant reduction in the asthma inducing triggers, a fact accredited by the American Academy of Paediatric Allergy and Immunology Faculty.
- Activated carbon that fights germs and odour.
- The UV-C light that along with its filter kill bacteria and mold spores
Best Value: Austin Air Healthmate HM400 Air Purifier
For best value, you need to credit the Austin Air Healthmate HM450+ Air Purifier. It has a name for itself when it comes to combat allergens. It is the most economical of the lot and the makers claim that it requires no change or replacement of the HEPA mold filter.
Top Quality: Winix Plasmawave 5300 Air Purifier
Then there is the winix plasmawave 5300 air cleaner model which is touted for the best air purifier for mold. Apart from the true Hepa filter and the carbon filters for odor control, it also comes equipped with the PlasmaWave Technology, a trademark inclusion of the company. It is hailed as the best air purifier for basement because it provides customers with the 3-stage air cleaning experience through the HEPA, Carbon and the PlasmaWave technology. Apart from being a bit expensive than the other models, it has everything else going for it.