Get Rid of Mold Spores and Odor with the Best Air Purifiers for Mold
Imagine the horror if your allergy prone child is suddenly gasping for air; it is not something that you would like to experience ever. The culprit- mold spores infesting the air we breathe; the solution- the best air purifiers for mold that promises to eradicate the air borne pollutants present in the air.
What cannot be seen cannot hurt you! The truth is far from this. The unwanted fine particles can create havoc. It is therefore necessary that one must invest wisely in an air purifier for mold that has been chosen after extensive research. But don’t worry, we have already done the hard work for you and narrowed it down to the best air purifiers for mold So, you can skip the marketing jargon and decide for yourself the one that is really best for your family.
The Benefits of Eliminating Mold for Health and Home
The first point of detection of mold in your house is the musty odor it emanates. Too many people let mold linger for too long, but there is so much more to mold than just an unpleasant smell. Therefore it’s important to know why molds pose such a great risk to your health and family:
- Un-clustered molds are the ones which pose the greatest risk. Since they are invisible to the naked eye, you often won’t realize how frequently you are inhaling their spores.
- Children and older members of the family are vulnerable because of their susceptibility to catch allergens present in the air.
- Molds present in the air can cause serious respiratory problems.
- In the case of toxic molds, other disorders involving the nervous system can also set in.
- Mycotoxins present in a mold infested environment are a fatal threat to humans.
The correct air purifier can clean the air from the perils of molds, and remove any musty odors from mildew and other types of mold. Make sure you chose the cleaner that is specifically targeted at your situation, for instance a specialized air purifier for basement.
Why is Mold So Dangerous to Us?
Mold is microscopic substances that belong to the family of fungi and possess various health-related problems if not taken care of immediately. Although there are other areas where mold is important such as in the manufacturing of the blue cheese, the same case does not apply when the fungus is on the walls floor or the carpet in your house. Mold affects everyone as no one likes the foul smell that comes from the area and it also tends to affect the people with asthma or allergic reactions significantly. So the only solution to keeping you and your family safe is by investing in the best and high-quality Air fresheners.
Different Types of molds
Molds are classified into the following groups.
All the above types of molds have similar effects to human health, and therefore you should ensure that you eliminate everything that promotes the growth of molds.
What triggers the growth of the molds?
Molds grow in areas that are dark or have poor ventilation; warm areas can also harbor molds and regions that are moist or wet can provide a favorable environment for mold to grow. After the fungus has matured, it produces seeds referred to as mold spores which are the ones that cause the allergic reactions when flown in the air. The size of the spores is equal to the scale of the dust particles, and that is the reason why they can swim through your respiratory system where they cause the severe effect on people especially the ones with asthma.
How to eliminate mold in your home
The best method that is widely used in removing mold from your home is the use of air purifiers. The air purifier is designed with the chemical filter referred to as HEPA that works by preventing the multiplication of mold growth in the house. When the spores are flown in the air, they settle in different areas of the house, and they tend to grow if these regions have all the necessary factors that facilitate the growth of the fungus.
Therefore HEPA air purifier prevents the spreading of the spores by trapping them. The mold spores measure about 0.3 microns and so when buying your air purifier make sure that it is efficient to microns that are less than 0.3.
The best air purifier to buy for mold remediation
Note that there are so many brands of air purifier in the market, but the best and the most efficient air purifier is the one that has HEPA filter since it is certified and passed to be the best air purifier for mold elimination.
How does the HEPA filter work?
HEPA filters help eliminate the molds by trapping all the airborne mold spores hence preventing the spores from spreading all over the house. So to make the product more useful, place the HEPA filter in the area where fungus tends to grow and ensure that you frequently replace if the product or chemical runs out. Read the user manual to know when you are supposed to replace the filter.
About HEPA air purifiers
The AirMega 300 & 300S which is voted as the best and number one leading company in producing air purifiers. What makes the HEPA air purifier to be the best mold remedy is because the product is made using thick chemicals and has activated carbon filter which makes it essential to remove all the mold spores and the odor produced by the growing fungus. So not only does HEPA help prevent the growth of molds but it also contributes to restoring fresh air in the home.
Facts about air purifier and mold elimination
- Note that air purifiers do not help to stop the growth of mold, but the product helps prevent the growth of mold in other areas of the house via trapping the airborne spores.
- Molds can also produce toxic spores referred to as mycotoxins which are more harmful in causing allergic reactions and affects the people with asthma. These toxic spores affect all individuals and may lead to the development of various symptoms such as skin irritation and cough
- One way to ensure that your home is completely free of mold growth is by making sure that all the factors that provide a good breeding room for the fungus are eliminated. Use a hygrometer and a humidity gauge to help you monitor the room temperature in your home
- Ensure there is enough free flow of air in your house and maintain all the rooms dry.Ensure your house has a humid level of 40 to 50 percent
- Use the air purifier continuously to prevent the spreading of the molds, and you can also clean up the services that have mold built up.
How to Choose the Best Mold Air Purifiers for Your Home
In the case of a mold air purifier, there are certain features to look for:
- Watch out for the Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) which is a direct indication of the device’s capacity to filter the pollutants that are air borne.
- Ensure that you look for the best HEPA air purifier for mold. Hepa filters are capable of removing maximum air pollutants of sizes of minimum 0.3 mm and more. An additional feature of having pre-filters attached will result in lesser instances of replacements.
- Look for safety concerns and absolutely keep away from ozone spilling air purifiers that cause more harm than good.
- Make sure the purifier can remove mold odor in the house.
Benefits of air purifiers
The air purifiers are essential for eliminating the mold spores, but they don’t eliminate mold in your house. The product does not produce any moist which tends to provide a healthy environment for the spores to shoot, unlike other products. Therefore, be careful when buying the air purifier as some brands may cause the molds to multiply rather than helping you eliminate it. To be on a safe side, buy the air purifier that is certified with HEPA.So to learn more about mold and the how to eliminate it, click on the below links.
Presenting the Top 3 Best Air Purifiers for Mold
Customer Favorite Pick the Therapure Germicidal Air Purifier
Check out the features and specifications of the Therapure Germicidal Air Purifier with Permanent Filter, a hot favorite among the customers. It has an eco-friendly design with very easy controls. Star features include:
- Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation that excels in destroying the microscopic germs.
- The Electrostatic Purification work towards reducing allergens, smoke, pollen, mold, bad smells, dust and other pollutants.
Best Selling Air Purifier for Mold on Amazon
Another customer favorite is the GermGuardian AC4825, 3-in-1 Air Cleaning System with True HEPA, UV-C and Odour Reduction. Its best features include:
- A size most suitable for small and medium sized enclosures.
- True Hepa filtration that eradicates 99.97% of pollutants and allergens.
- Brings about a significant reduction in the asthma inducing triggers, a fact accredited by the American Academy of Paediatric Allergy and Immunology Faculty.
- Activated carbon that fights germs and odour.
- The UV-C light that along with its filter kill bacteria and mold spores
Best Value: Austin Air Healthmate HM400 Air Purifier
For best value, you need to credit the Austin Air Healthmate HM450+ Air Purifier. It has a name for itself when it comes to combat allergens. It is the most economical of the lot and the makers claim that it requires no change or replacement of the HEPA mold filter.
Top Quality: Winix Plasmawave 5300 Air Purifier
Then there is the winix plasmawave 5300 air cleaner model which is touted for the best air purifier for mold. Apart from the true Hepa filter and the carbon filters for odor control, it also comes equipped with the PlasmaWave Technology, a trademark inclusion of the company. It is hailed as the best air purifier for basement because it provides customers with the 3-stage air cleaning experience through the HEPA, Carbon and the PlasmaWave technology. Apart from being a bit expensive than the other models, it has everything else going for it.