What is the best air purifier?
Your quick buying guide and air purifier reviews for 2015
Air is the most basic component for our survival. It is equally important as all we consume to keep our bodies going. Fresh air helps our mind and body to relax and stay in a state of calmness therefore it is extremely important that the quality of air which we breathe be free from impurities and toxic substances.
Since the rising pollution levels continue to deteriorate the air quality, the role of air purifiers becomes significantly essential. Air purifiers help to improve the quality of air in and around the area they are functioning in. They help to curb the influence and effects of harmful particles in the air inside our homes to give us a clean environment to breathe in.
There are whole varieties of air purifiers from which you could select the one which best suits your requirements. If your aim is to eliminate any odor from your room then you could opt for a Therapure air purifier. This is one of the best air purifiers to get rid of odors. If you are looking for something which takes care of the room entirely then you could opt for the Honeywell True Hepa air purifier which is the best large room air purifier.
How to choose the best air purifier for your house: A buying guide
Selecting the most appropriate air purifier for your home can be a difficult task as there are some important factors which have to considered before purchasing one. Moreover, the different varieties and designs make it a little but more tricky to make a decision. The top rated air purifiers are those who meet the criteria of spot on performance and can be used as whole house air cleaners. The following few points can help you to pick the right air purifier by keeping them in mind.
- Performance: The design of the air purifier plays a vital role in determining its performance. A carbon filter plays the key role of filtering out odors. Some air purifiers may not be equipped with one therefore directly affecting the capabilities of the machine to give the desired performance.
- Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR): This factor tells us how capable the air purifier is in removing harmful and toxic substances from the air. The CADR rating of the purifier is usually provided on the seal. It is required to filter the air from substances like dust, pollen and the impurities which are given off with tobacco smoke.
- Safe Use: This is an extremely important factor which needs to be considered when purchasing an air purifier. Some of the air purifiers may produce ozone or other chemicals which are extremely harmful for the human respiratory system.
- Features: The design of the air purifier is also important when judging it on the basis of being a user friendly product. The overall design of the product including the LEDs, knobs, fans etc may play a key role in determining the usability of the air purifier. Features such as ionizer, carbon filter and pre filter also count.
These are a few points which could be kept in mind while getting the top air purifier for your room. For instance, what are you using the air purifier for? These are some of the categories to choose from:
- Smoke Eliminators
- Air Purifiers for Allergies
- Air Purifiers for Mold
- Air Purifiers for Pet Hair
Air Purifiers Comparison Guide: Best Air Purifiers Reviews for 2015
Air purifiers are designed to remove the impurities from the air which cause breathing ailments and other irritations. The basic kinds of air purifiers are:
- Ionizing Purifiers: These air purifiers use charged particles to attract other particles such as dust and pollen. The purifiers come with metal plates which attract the contaminants once they pass through the electric field. The contaminants are attracted to the plates due to the opposite charge. Some particles are even attracted to each other to charge difference which makes them heavier and eventually leads to the contaminants being settled out of the air.
- Filters: Filters are used to clean the air which passes through them. The design and functions of the filters makes them clean the air from contaminants. Usually filters are made from cotton, fiberglass or foam. The density of the filters also plays a key role in controlling the way the air is filtered. Smaller the gap means smaller contaminants can be trapped.
- High Efficiency Particulate Air: These purifiers are popularly known as HEPA and are able to remove particles which are of the 0.3 micrometers or bigger. These filters allow only a certain amount of air to flow through them.
- Adsorbents: These filters use an adsorbent material to trap contaminants. The most popular adsorbent material is activated charcoal. The surface of this material makes it perfect to trap differently sized contaminants and filter the air clean.
- Ozone Generators: These air purifiers use electric charges or UV light to turn the passing oxygen into ozone. The ozone molecules in turn clean the air. However, the use of such purifiers is not recommended due to the health risks which are associated with ozone.
Below is a list of the top 10 air purifiers:
- IQAir New Edition HealthPro Plus: This air purifier has an ultimate combination of features and performance. The 4 stage filtration unit comes with HyperHEPA filters through which it is able to remove contaminants of different sizes.
- GermGuardian AC4825: This is a highly portable air purifier which is able to clean the air just the way you want it to be and without the noise!
- Winix PlasmaWave 5300: This Winix air purifier is one of the few which comes with a built in quality sensor. The 3 stage filtration system air purifier is the perfect one for rooms of 350 square feet.
- Blueair 403 HepaSilent Air Purification System: The 4 speed fan of the filter make clean air delivery easy in your room. The filtration process does not mean you should bear the noise and this Blueair filter ensures that you are not being disturbed during your sleep.
- Alen BreatheSmart: This air purifier has the reputation of being one of the quietest. The contaminated air is passed through washable pre filters which help to remove large particles.
- Honeywell 50250-S: The Honeywell 500250-S comes with a carbon pre filter which is the perfect way to remove contaminants of different sizes. It is the best option for people who are suffering from asthma or other breathing allergies making it an allergy pro air purifier.
- Greentech GT50-S: This amazing air purifier has the ability to free the air from contaminants such as smoke, allergens, dust and also bacteria like Salmonella, E-coli and Candida. This is also a great air purifier for mold.
- Austin Health Mate HM450+: This is the best smoke air purifier. It can also filter out benzene, formaldehyde and VOCs. This is the ideal air purifier for tobacco smokers. The smoke free environment is healthy not only for you but also for your pets therefore, the Austin Health Mate HM4500+ is the best air purifier for pets.
- Surround Air XJ-3800 Intelli-Pro: With 7 filters, this purifier is able to give you the cleanest air which you can breathe.
- Therapure UV Germicidal: This air purifier comes with HEPA filters. The 3 speed fan of the filter makes it one of the most user friendly designs.